Saturday, March 19, 2011

Is there anything left to discover or invent?

Frankly speaking I think the whole thing of "like button" in Facebook is not very attractive. I did not like the way Facebook sees our hobbies, the movies we watch, the music we listen to, the books we read..they have not understood the potential revenue they can make out of our hobbies by commercializing the "Hobbies". They never wanted to improve the UI for the "likes".Its good that on your friend's profile page you can see the movies, the music,the books he/she likes. But Facebook never mentions why that particular person likes the movie or what are his all time fav books or his reviews and recommendations for his friends regarding the movies, the tv shows etc. that he has seen.
I understood this recently when one of my friend liked "V for Vendetta". I was very curious after I heard the movie name.I googled and read the reviews but was somewhat not sure why my good friend liked that movie. This is when I realized that there is some potential space Facebook has ignored and tried to explore it. In one of the BMTC buses I even imagined how the User interface for that particular website I hypothetically create would look like.
I even thought of asking my friends help to create this website where all the things Facebook has left can be implemented.But something happened when I came back home.
I was heartbroken when I googled "social network based on movies songs books". Yes your guess is right. There is a website which does precisely that..and what more it was also called leader in the emerging social entertainment market by Bloomberg in November 2010. And the name of the website is ->Getglue.com (sorry for the "->" Its just too much C style programming...).
That brings me the thought that has been in my mind and even in my friend Samir's mind. "Is there anything left in this world to discover or invent??" Do leave your thoughts on that right here...

1 comment:

  1. Come to think of it, I guess there's lots more to invent and discover...

    ‎1) The Origin of the Universe
    2) We need to "Close the gap between Human Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence"

    ReplyDelete